My Credentials At A Glance!
- 23 years of leadership in non-profit and socially responsible for-profit
- 22 years experience as Trainer and Consultant
- 10 years experience supervising staff, directing programs, and answering to a Board of Directors
- 13 years experience counseling or coaching
- 9 years running my own business full-time
- 7 years as a Approved Somatics and Trauma Bodyworker by Generative Somatics
- Authored curriculum published by the NW Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse (2012)
- Published contributor in Beyond Inclusion, Beyond Empowerment, A Developmental Strategy To Liberate Everyone, by Dr. Leticia Nieto et. al. (2010)
- M.A. in Human Development (2011)
Accountable & Connected to Social Movements
I believe that there is an inherent tension in working as an independent contractor who is an an agent for change. This is because effective change makers are interdependent with and accountable to the communities they serve. Some of my current movement involvement includes:
- Generative Somatics
I have been an approved GS Somatics Practitioner since January 2015. I have been studying with Generative Somatics and Strozzi Institiute since 2010. I have been a member of the Generative Somatics Practitioner Network since it's inception in 2017.
- Tzedek Lab
Tzedek Lab is a national multiracial network of political education trainers and organizers established to build collective competency against racism, antisemitism, and white supremacy. (Member since 2020)
- Standing Rock Solidarity
Having family deeply involved in Standing Rock resistance leadership I was called to join. I was one of the principal authors of the Standing Rock preparation packet for allies. I served on a national committee of allies called Solidariteam and spent over a month at Standing Rock Oceti Sakowin camp co-leading orientation workshops for allies. I also served as a remote organizer for the Water Projector Legal Collective.
- WSCADV, Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Served two terms on the Board of Directors, including 1 year as Treasurer on the Executive Committee Treasurer. (2009-2013)
- Bend The Arc, A Jewish Partnership for Justice
Led the Content Committee designing content for the Bend The Arc's Selah National Gathering (2013)
Served on the Selah National Leadership Team (2010-2013)
- The NW Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse
Core trainer for Relationship Skills Class (2006-2018)
- Jewish Voice for Peace
Member (since 2006)
One of my Favorite Quotes
“everything in moderation, including moderation.” - Oscar Wilde
Becka Tilsen’s coaching practice combines her extensive experience as a community educator, curriculum developer, and organizational development consultant with her expertise in counseling and human development. As an educator and trainer, she has designed and facilitated workshops for a wide range of constituencies, from grassroots community organizers to low-income housing residents to policy makers. Becka has more than two decades of experience with program development including supervision, direct service provision, and grassroots fundraising and grant writing within social justice and non-profit organizations, particularly in the fields of Immigrant Rights and Domestic and Sexual Violence. Most recently, Becka authored a relationship skills curriculum for the Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian and Gay Survivors of Abuse and co-developed a curriculum for Jewish Family Services for children who have witnessed domestic violence. This community-based work compliments and informs her five years of counseling experience, six years of participation in the Selah Leadership Development Program, a Master of Arts in Human Development from Pacific Oaks College (2011).